Saturday, January 16, 2010

Let There Be.

It was a good day. That is what I like to tell myself almost every day. It was certainly a good day.

But today is different. A friend called me up when I was out with another bunch of people and told me to come by because he's feeling depressed. I love my friends, and I rushed over as soon as I had the chance. When I arrived at the pub he was at, all I could see were tears.

He told me that his boyfriend had broken up with him. Despite preparing myself for the worst, I had no words to say to comfort him. As we sat outside, I watched pellets of tears form in his eyes, roll down his face and fall harshly onto the ground.

His boyfriend of 7 years.

Over.

Just like that.

I listened to my friends try to console him and him trying desperately to defend and reason why his boyfriend left him. All I could do is just hold him tight and make him feel wanted.

At times like these, I believe silence is the key. Listening to his predicament and nodding. Despite the fact that I'm opinionated, I kept my comments to myself because I know, no matter what you say to him in his drunken state, nothing will be absorbed.

Danny is a good person, and I believe he should never be subjected to feeling like this.

His friends try to tell him, it's over, just deal with it. You're too good for him. There are other fishes in the sea. Standardized remarks and comments.

He told me quietly that he wanted to start his life over again. When I looked into his puffy bloodshot eyes, I could see myself in him. So I told him, it's best if you dwell on these feelings for a while so you could process it and move on.

Bad things happen to good people all the time, and I pray desperately that it would stop.

If there is a higher being, I would wish S/He could hear my prayers.

Let there be light for those who want it.

Let there be peace for those who pray for it.

Let there be love for those who need it.

No comments: